SATSANG HANDWOVEN CHECK COTTON SHIRT
A handmade, Satsang handwoven check cotton shirt. This three-quarter length sleeved, contrasted, checked shirt features mother of pearl buttons.
Easy to wear, this collarless shirt dress features pockets with traditional folk style detail.
Hand wash in cold water, can be ironed or simply drip dry and throw on. Delivered in its own travel-ready block print cotton bag.
Exclusive Cotton Conscious tops are all designed and handmade by us in Rishikesh, India.
Have a look at a cream version of this shirt.
- Handwoven Check Cotton
- This loose tunic shirt fits the sizes below
- UK 8, 10, 12, 14
- USA 4 – 12
- EU 36 – 44
- Chest Size: 50 inches | 127 cm
- Length: 39 inches | 99cm
COTTON CONSCIOUS packaging is recycled.
Your garment is delivered in a sustainable 100% cotton bag, made from excess fabric from each cut garment. We do not let one scrap go to waste and make a lovely bag that is handmade by our tailors. Our swing tags are all made from recycled paper and are individually, hand screen printed by our independent printers in Rishikesh. All garment labels are made in 100% cotton.
Since 2013 JAMDANI has been recognised by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage (ICH) which is knowledge, or skill considered to be part of a place’s cultural heritage.
Weavers embroider amazingly beautiful and intricate motifs and geometric patterns on vibrant or muted colour cloth, in a 2000 year old ancient technique of the Bengal region.
We love this soft, lightweight muslin fabric which is like weaving air. Vividly patterned, sheer cotton fabric, traditionally woven on a handloom by artisans and apprentices around Dhaka.
Loved, commissioned and worn by the Royal and rich society over centuries, the skills of Jamdani weaving are passed down by parents to their children.
- In our experience it is best to hand wash your Khadi clothes, scarves and stoles with mild soap in cold water.
- Dry clean
- To machine wash, we recommend washing with mild soap on a slow, cold wash.
- Please do not wash Khadi cotton in hot water as it may cause slight shrinkage and loss of natural dyed colour.
- Wash dark and light colours separately
- Hang to dry to avoid wrinkles
- This Khadi washing guidance will increase the lifespan of your ethically conscious clothing.