Pastel Khadi Cotton Scarf
Purple Pastel Khadi Cotton Scarf
Handwoven purple pastel Khadi cotton scarf with a green stripe.
Offers instant laid-back style, protection from the midday sun and warmth on a chilly day or night. Handspun Khadi Cotton scarves are an essential item for experienced travellers as Indian cotton is quick drying and is so lightweight it can be folded up small enough to fit in your bag.
Your hand-loomed pastel Khadi cotton scarf is sure to be loved and worn for years.
10% of your purchase is donated to Charities and Ashrams directly involved in helping underprivileged women and children in Rishikesh, Himalayas, India.
- Material: 100% Handwoven Khadi Cotton
- Size: 78 x 22 inches
- Technique: Hand Woven
- Colour: Pastel Purple
Since 2013 JAMDANI has been recognised by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage (ICH) which is knowledge, or skill considered to be part of a place’s cultural heritage.
Weavers embroider amazingly beautiful and intricate motifs and geometric patterns on vibrant or muted colour cloth, in a 2000 year old ancient technique of the Bengal region.
We love this soft, lightweight muslin fabric which is like weaving air. Vividly patterned, sheer cotton fabric, traditionally woven on a handloom by artisans and apprentices around Dhaka.
Loved, commissioned and worn by the Royal and rich society over centuries, the skills of Jamdani weaving are passed down by parents to their children.
- In our experience it is best to hand wash your Khadi clothes, scarves and stoles with mild soap in cold water.
- Dry clean
- To machine wash, we recommend washing with mild soap on a slow, cold wash.
- Please do not wash Khadi cotton in hot water as it may cause slight shrinkage and loss of natural dyed colour.
- Wash dark and light colours separately
- Hang to dry to avoid wrinkles
- This Khadi washing guidance will increase the lifespan of your ethically conscious clothing.