Organic Wool Vest Waistcoat for Women - UK 6-8
An Organic Wool Waistcoat Vest with Indian Nehru collar & practical inside pockets.
This waist length, body warmer waistcoat, is handmade in undyed, pre-washed 100% organic wool. .Finished with handwoven 100% organic cotton lining & classic Nehru collar.
- cream buttons
- patch, breast & secret inside pocket
- handwoven organic Khadi wool
- organic cotton
- UK 6-8
- US 2-4 US
- EUROPE 32-34
- Machine washable
Since 2013 JAMDANI has been recognised by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage (ICH) which is knowledge, or skill considered to be part of a place’s cultural heritage.
Weavers embroider amazingly beautiful and intricate motifs and geometric patterns on vibrant or muted colour cloth, in a 2000 year old ancient technique of the Bengal region.
We love this soft, lightweight muslin fabric which is like weaving air. Vividly patterned, sheer cotton fabric, traditionally woven on a handloom by artisans and apprentices around Dhaka.
Loved, commissioned and worn by the Royal and rich society over centuries, the skills of Jamdani weaving are passed down by parents to their children.
- In our experience it is best to hand wash your Khadi clothes, scarves and stoles with mild soap in cold water.
- Dry clean
- To machine wash, we recommend washing with mild soap on a slow, cold wash.
- Please do not wash Khadi cotton in hot water as it may cause slight shrinkage and loss of natural dyed colour.
- Wash dark and light colours separately
- Hang to dry to avoid wrinkles
- This Khadi washing guidance will increase the lifespan of your ethically conscious clothing.