Minimal Black Striped Cotton Scarf
White minimal black striped cotton scarf. Handwoven cotton with black borders. Handspun scarves are an essential item for travellers, easy to wash and dry, lightweight and small enough to fit in your shoulder bag. Can be worn loosely around your shoulders or wrapped around your neck. Simple and beautiful pre-washed cotton with a natural, clean, lightweight feel.
Sure to be loved and worn for years, this handwoven natural lifestyle scarf for men and women is delivered in a Cotton bag.
10% of your purchase is donated to Charities and Ashrams directly involved in helping underprivileged women and children in Rishikesh, Himalayas, India.
- Material: 100% Handwoven Khadi Cotton
- Size: 65 x 29 inches
- Technique: Hand Woven
- Colour: White and Black
Since 2013 JAMDANI has been recognised by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage (ICH) which is knowledge, or skill considered to be part of a place’s cultural heritage.
Weavers embroider amazingly beautiful and intricate motifs and geometric patterns on vibrant or muted colour cloth, in a 2000 year old ancient technique of the Bengal region.
We love this soft, lightweight muslin fabric which is like weaving air. Vividly patterned, sheer cotton fabric, traditionally woven on a handloom by artisans and apprentices around Dhaka.
Loved, commissioned and worn by the Royal and rich society over centuries, the skills of Jamdani weaving are passed down by parents to their children.
- In our experience it is best to hand wash your Khadi clothes, scarves and stoles with mild soap in cold water.
- Dry clean
- To machine wash, we recommend washing with mild soap on a slow, cold wash.
- Please do not wash Khadi cotton in hot water as it may cause slight shrinkage and loss of natural dyed colour.
- Wash dark and light colours separately
- Hang to dry to avoid wrinkles
- This Khadi washing guidance will increase the lifespan of your ethically conscious clothing.