Jamdani Cotton Scarf
Availability: 1 in stock
Our soft Jamdani cotton scarf is smooth on the neck.
White, natural lightweight muslin cotton, with handwoven red cross motifs, finished with tasseled edges.
This delicate organic cotton fabric is woven on handlooms using traditional techniques by skilled artisans of India.
One of my favourite textile fabrics, I wear this scarf in all seasons. Protects your head and shoulders from the summer sun.
An ethically conscious gift & stylish accessory.
- Measures 88cm x 243cm or 35” x 96”
- 100% Handwoven Cotton – Dries super quickly
- Made in India
Since 2013 JAMDANI has been recognised by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage (ICH) which is knowledge, or skill considered to be part of a place’s cultural heritage.
Weavers embroider amazingly beautiful and intricate motifs and geometric patterns on vibrant or muted colour cloth, in a 2000 year old ancient technique of the Bengal region.
We love this soft, lightweight muslin fabric which is like weaving air. Vividly patterned, sheer cotton fabric, traditionally woven on a handloom by artisans and apprentices around Dhaka.
Loved, commissioned and worn by the Royal and rich society over centuries, the skills of Jamdani weaving are passed down by parents to their children.
- In our experience it is best to hand wash your Khadi clothes, scarves and stoles with mild soap in cold water.
- Dry clean
- To machine wash, we recommend washing with mild soap on a slow, cold wash.
- Please do not wash Khadi cotton in hot water as it may cause slight shrinkage and loss of natural dyed colour.
- Wash dark and light colours separately
- Hang to dry to avoid wrinkles
- This Khadi washing guidance will increase the lifespan of your ethically conscious clothing.