Handwoven Grey Cotton Scarf - Storm
Luxury handwoven grey cotton scarf. Super soft, pre-washed scarf with muted woven deep red and blue detail. A long length scarf that looks great worn loosely around your shoulders with a plain tee or cotton shirt. Perfect loungewear for the beach, pure cotton scarves are an essential item for the female World traveller. Quick to wash, will dry in minutes and lightweight so can be folded to fit into your shoulder bag.
Sure to be loved and worn for years, this hand-loomed scarf is delivered in a cotton bag.
- Material: 100% Handwoven Cotton
- Size: LONG 106 x 45 inches
- Technique: Hand Woven
- Colour: Grey
Conscious Spending: 10% of your purchase is donated to Charities and Ashrams directly involved in helping underprivileged women and children in Rishikesh, Himalayas, India.
Since 2013 JAMDANI has been recognised by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage (ICH) which is knowledge, or skill considered to be part of a place’s cultural heritage.
Weavers embroider amazingly beautiful and intricate motifs and geometric patterns on vibrant or muted colour cloth, in a 2000 year old ancient technique of the Bengal region.
We love this soft, lightweight muslin fabric which is like weaving air. Vividly patterned, sheer cotton fabric, traditionally woven on a handloom by artisans and apprentices around Dhaka.
Loved, commissioned and worn by the Royal and rich society over centuries, the skills of Jamdani weaving are passed down by parents to their children.
- In our experience it is best to hand wash your Khadi clothes, scarves and stoles with mild soap in cold water.
- Dry clean
- To machine wash, we recommend washing with mild soap on a slow, cold wash.
- Please do not wash Khadi cotton in hot water as it may cause slight shrinkage and loss of natural dyed colour.
- Wash dark and light colours separately
- Hang to dry to avoid wrinkles
- This Khadi washing guidance will increase the lifespan of your ethically conscious clothing.