BOILED WOOL WAISTCOAT UK 6
Petite, warm and cosy Organic boiled Wool waistcoat with classic Indian Nehru collar & outside pockets.
Our waist length, body warmer, waistcoats, are handmade in naturally dyed, pre-shrunk 100% organic wool. Finished with natural coloured buttons, handwoven 100% blue organic cotton lining and a discreet inside pocket.
The perfect outerwear for the cold winter season and can be worn as an additional layer underneath your coat.
- VERY PETITE SIZE (petite female or small boy/girl
- cream buttons
- patch, breast & secret inside pocket
- handwoven organic Khadi wool
- organic cotton lining
- UK 6
- US 2
- EUROPE 34
- Machine washable
Since 2013 JAMDANI has been recognised by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage (ICH) which is knowledge, or skill considered to be part of a place’s cultural heritage.
Weavers embroider amazingly beautiful and intricate motifs and geometric patterns on vibrant or muted colour cloth, in a 2000 year old ancient technique of the Bengal region.
We love this soft, lightweight muslin fabric which is like weaving air. Vividly patterned, sheer cotton fabric, traditionally woven on a handloom by artisans and apprentices around Dhaka.
Loved, commissioned and worn by the Royal and rich society over centuries, the skills of Jamdani weaving are passed down by parents to their children.
- In our experience it is best to hand wash your Khadi clothes, scarves and stoles with mild soap in cold water.
- Dry clean
- To machine wash, we recommend washing with mild soap on a slow, cold wash.
- Please do not wash Khadi cotton in hot water as it may cause slight shrinkage and loss of natural dyed colour.
- Wash dark and light colours separately
- Hang to dry to avoid wrinkles
- This Khadi washing guidance will increase the lifespan of your ethically conscious clothing.